When you receive your DNAage test kit, it will contain instructions explaining how to collect your saliva sample. To improve the quality of your sample we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Wait for a period of 30-60 minutes before last eating, drinking or chewing gum.
- Brush the teeth without using toothpaste.
- Rinse mouth with 50mls of cool or tepid water.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the mouth to clear off water.
- Massage cheeks for 15-30 seconds to stimulate salivary glands.
- Unscrew the top of the collection tube, being careful not to spill the buffer solution.
- Screw the funnel provided onto the collection tube.
- Using the funnel provided, salivate into the collection tube until your saliva sample reaches the top of the printed barcode.
- When complete, unscrew the funnel and screw the top back onto the collection tube.
- Ensure the top is securely tightened, then shake the collection tube 10-15 times.
- Place the collection tube in the plastic bag, then place into the padded envelope.
Please note that is you are undertaking immunosuppressant treatment, or you are taking any medication that suppresses your immune system, we recommend that you postpone your test until after this treatment.